Calling all Folkshul Foodies!
Come join our ethnic Saturday Night Restaurant Club, exploring exotic and inexpensive restaurants in the Philadelphia area.
Presented by the Adult Community of Jewish Children’s Folkshul
The Restaurant Club is a great way to get to know your Folkshul community members. We gather at inexpensive, ethnic BYOBs all over the Philly region — you’re sure to find a cuisine that interests you!
We meet monthly on Saturday nights at the restaurants our loyal scouts have chosen. The restaurant choice and signup information is emailed in the weeks before the Club date.
For more information, email the Restaurant Club.
We’ve visited A Taste of Portugal, Picanha Brazilian Grill, Makiman Sushi, Hunan Village, Tierra Colombiana & others.
Here is how we function:
- We try to keep prices to $25 per person, including tax and tip.
- This is a community event — feel free to bring your friends and neighbors. It is a secular evening — no Jewish content. Although there is no membership requirement, we hope all regulars financially support the school (adult or family membership or contributions).
- Do you need a babysitter? We can usually set you up with a reliable, caring Folkshul Assistant for the night at a reasonable price. Older kids who are adventuresome eaters are welcome.
- IF YOU HAVE SPECIAL DIETARY NEEDS, PLEASE TELL US WITH YOUR RSVP. We will try and assist you or put you in touch with the restaurant to arrange a special meal.
- Unless stated otherwise, all meals are family style, and preordered, so if you RSVP, we depend on you coming. Once you RSVP, we will send you directions, exact time, etc. We usually have a group of 20-40 people, so please RSVP early to reserve your spot. Space does run out in some of the smaller restaurants.
If you have an idea for a great restaurant (or a pretty good cheap one), let us know. We would like to broaden our geographical net to accommodate more people.
Your Foodie Sleuths: Barbara Halpern/Carl Aley, Elana Benamy/Ray Scheinfeld, and Ann & Jon Shinefeld